Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition is a part of Keyword Lookup products library. To see this Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition in stock for product, click the link above and come over and then you will get this item about Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition .
This specific product of Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition posted by Cobb. You can see a library of Keyword Lookup. Get segments interesting article about Keyword Lookup that may help you. If you are trying to seek out Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition with the most effective value. $ead the review on Unix In A Nutshell, Fourth Edition, it's reasonable price. Thanks for your visit Best Telephoto Online Store.
As an open operating system, Unix can be improved on by anyone and everyone: individuals, companies, universities, and more. As a result, the very nature of Unix has been altered over the years by numerous extensions formulated in an assortment of versions. Today, Unix encompasses everything from Sun's Solaris to Apple's Mac OS X and more varieties of Linux than you can easily name.
The latest edition of this bestselling reference brings Unix into the 21st century. It's been reworked to keep current with the broader state of Unix in today's world and highlight the strengths of this operating system in all its various flavors.
Detailing all Unix commands and options, the informative guide provides generous descriptions and examples that put those commands in context. Here are some of the new features you'll find in Unix in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition:
- Solaris 10, the latest version of the SVR4-based operating system, GNU/Linux, and Mac OS X
- Bash shell (along with the 1988 and 1993 versions of ksh)
- tsch shell (instead of the original Berkeley csh)
- Package management programs, used for program installation on popular GNU/Linux systems, Solaris and Mac OS X
- GNU Emacs Version 21
- Introduction to source code management systems
- Concurrent versions system
- Subversion version control system
- GDB debugger
As Unix has progressed, certain commands that were once critical have fallen into disuse. To that end, the book has also dropped material that is no longer relevant, keeping it taut and current.
If you're a Unix user or programmer, you'll recognize the value of this complete, up-to-date Unix reference. With chapter overviews, specific examples, and detailed command.
- ISBN13: 9780596100292
- Condition: New
- Notes: BRAND NEW FROM PUBLISHER! BUY WITH CONFIDENCE, Over one million books sold! 98% Positive feedback. Compare our books, prices and service to the competition. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Brand: O'Reilly Media